Thursday, November 15, 2012

It's Been Awhile......


I have found that as much as I LOVE to read and follow other people’s blogs… I’m not very good at maintaining one myself.  I hope to change that!

Lots has happened over the summer months and don’t worry I won’t try to capture every little thing… that would be one long blog!  I’ll just try touch on the high points.

I’ve really enjoyed being at Country Charm Mall and very pleased with my sales.  Pam and Ms. Hazel are amazing and so sweet.   I’m still there, so come see what I have.  I carry the most amazing candles in the world.  1803 Candles is a small company based in Hinckley, IL.  Darryl and Debra Beach pour the best soy candles and they last longer than any candle I’ve ever burned.  The Christmas line is IN and will go fast, so make sure you come by.  I will have them at the Centennial Show this weekend.

In starting this little business venture, I’ve noticed that every time you try something new, there’s always a learning curve, but I feel we’re maneuvering it pretty well.  You know my heart is in primitives, but that tends to be a small group to capture.  If you come in The Country Charm any time soon you may notice my booth taking on a somewhat of a different look.  I like to call it “eclectic”.  That’s my new favorite word because I have so much that I like that doesn’t necessarily go together, but I think can blend nicely.  I’ve gotten into the chalk paint furniture craze.  Yes I know, some like it, some hate it, and yet others absolutely ADORE it.  I’m somewhere in between, but I love how the pieces I’ve painted turned out.  It’s really fun to do, but I don’t necessarily want it in my house (I love my primitives!) so lucky you!  I have painted and sold several pieces and have more just waiting to be rediscovered.  So with all that being said, I’ve moved somewhat in that direction.  I will still have primitives and genuine antiques when I can find them, but don’t be surprised to see some chalk paint pieces, too.

Ok, next learning curve – Sistas at Heart – this is alittle business venture with my buddy Donna.  We’ve been doing shows off and on for years, but decided we’d officially join forces.  We are closer than friends, so “Sistas at Heart” was birthed this past August.  Our official first show was “Bella Rustica” in Pulaski, TN and what a huge success!  That was an amazing show (check out my slideshow) and we can’t wait for next year

Another addition you may see is my line of purses  - “Sista Sacs” -  cross body purses covered with tea-dyed fabric, lace and vintage embellishments.  Some believe that “bigger is always better”, so I’ve also come up with a larger size Sista Sac made with the same type of fabric, lace and vintage components.

Sistas at Heart  will be at the Centennial Holiday Show in Franklin, TN, November 17-18 and Tinsel & Twine in Franklin, TN, November 29-31.  Come see us and get all your shopping done!

No comments:

Post a Comment