Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Come to The Gathering Show in Nashville This Weekend

Recovery efforts are encouraging in Henryville.   I’ve been in constant touch with my mama, following facebook and newspaper articles to keep up with all that is happening up there. Again, it’s hard to be here… my life going on as normal, and knowing there’s lots of friends and family up there whose life is upside down.

My “normal” right now includes preparing for The Gathering Show www.thegatheringshow.com in Nashville this weekend. Billy and I have been busy, busy, busy…. my husband has always been a talented carpenter and builder, but he’s now creating the most beautiful corner cupboards, raised candle bases, candle holders, plate holders and this bench is amazing!!!

It’s made out of 2 old wheels salvaged from a doctor’s buggy, along with whatever old wood he found in the shop. He created and made this! I’m so proud of him. Kinda hard to let go, but alas we don’t have a place for this at our house, so it will be for sale at The Gathering.
These chairs turned out gorgeous and just in time for Spring! Don’t you love the robin egg blue color! The milk can came from an auction in Indiana (not in that color of course) but seems like it’s lacking something…. ideas anyone? Anyway, again compliments of my husband…. I found’em and bought’em, but he did all the sand blasting and painting. Geez, I hope I have enough room in my booth space for all this stuff!

I’ve found a new hobby…. yea, I know, like I needed one... but I love to repurpose items and came across some beautiful jewelry at the Tailgate Show in Nashville a few weeks back. I bought a necklace and earrings made out of vintage silverware and thought “I can do this” and I’ve had the best time! Billy just rolls his eyes at me, because he knows that these little projects not only involves me, but him. He has to teach me how to use the tools in the shop and then sometimes help me figure how to do, what I want to do. I have a new appreciation for jewelry making!

 I hope you enjoy the pictures and I’ll definitely have an update from The Gathering Show. Please come out and visit me at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds (also known as the Nashville Fairgrounds) in the Creative Arts Building (first building on the left as you come up the BIG hill). The Show opens Friday, March 16th 9am – 4pm and continues to Saturday, March 17th 9am – 4pm.

Welcome Spring and Happy Shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment